There are many dog costumes available, and you will find one that matches what you are looking for and one that fits your dog. As long as the costume is not restrictive or uncomfortable, many dogs can learn to love their fun outfits and enjoy the extra attention that comes with being dressed up. Be sure to practice before Halloween by lavishing your dog with treats whenever he wears his costume without fussing. Of course, your dog’s comfort and safety should be prioritized over his cuteness. Remember also to give your dog frequent costume breaks and a few extra treats, so that he or she can have just as much fun on costume partying as most kids do.
Creative Ideas of Dog Costumes
Halloween or Christmas are some of the best times of year to dress your dog in a hilarious costume that will get him lots of extra hugs and dog treats.
Some creative dog costumes include:
1. Hot Dog Costume- Why around with the saying about dachshunds and get your dog an outfit that makes your dog look like a hot dog. Available with mustard or ketchup as a topping and perfect for those in warm weather states that will be coming to a cookout for Halloween.
2. Lobster Dog Costume- Perfect for those in fishing towns. Just because you dress your dog up as a lobster for Halloween, doesn’t mean they will pinch!
3. Devil Costume for Dogs- This costume is perfect for those dogs that have a little extra evil in them or else an angel and want to spice them up for one night.
4. Dog Pirate Costume- Is your dog the toughest in the neighbourhood? A pirate dog Halloween costume will surely make them wag their tail extra that night.
5. Bumble Bee Dog Costume- These costumes don’t even sting! This pet costume is perfect for males or females and is an all time classic. You can’t go one with this small dog costume.
6. Princess Dog Costume- These costumes are only fit for a princess. No other costume will do with the individual dogs that get to wear this Halloween night.
7. Wedding Dress & Tuxedo Costumes for Dogs- Whether they are wearing these for Halloween or another special day in their life, a wedding dress, and tuxedo dog costume will turn some heads.
8. Lady Bug Dog Costume- Are you taking Halloween pictures in a garden or going to a backyard party? The lady bug costume for dogs will be perfect for this event. Simple, yet elegant, your dog will love to wear this dress.
9. Dinosaur Dog Costume- Does your dog manage to ruin everything in your house and sometimes you think you are living with a huge dinosaur? Now you are this summer with a dinosaur costume for dogs.
10. Cop & Prisoner Costume – These cute dresses are perfect if you have a pair of dogs and want them to be dressed alike. Have your “real” dog be the cop and your “bad” dog be the prisoner.
11. Plant Dog Costume – For a small dog, you’ll need an orange baby sleeper that will imitate the look of the terracotta figurine. First, cut off the feet and add a hole for potty purposes. Then sew fake, Dollar Store greenery to the back and shoulders. Next, attach the soft, fabric leaves close together, avoiding parts that could stick out and annoy your dog.
12. Lego Dog Costume – First use a shoebox (or other appropriately-sized box) to create the base for your dog’s Lego block costume. Then glue 6 identical plastic cups to the top, followed by spray painting the cups and the box all the same colour. The costume can then be secured with elastic straps found in any craft store. Velcro tape can be added to the straps for easy on and off.
Special Costumes for Small Dogs
The creative costumes come in different forms which include: shoes, socks, bags, purses, coat, hat, cap, clips, hairbands, etc. All this enhances the beauty of the pups by pampering them with all the extra stuff. This additional material is also available with the costumes; in reality, some accessories are necessary as they complete the code or the theme of the costume and add glamour to your pet when it is fully dressed in a full costume. Besides the accessories these days’ the outfit also comes with various patterns and designs that are in trend. It ranges from thread work to stones or crystals depending on the outfit. If the costume is a dress to be worn for a wedding purpose, then the gown looks best with crystals of different colors.
Similarly for occasions related to themes then it is considered trendy done with thread work or embroidery. Patterns are also available in small dog costumes where the designs are dotted, checked and even parallel lines can be chosen for not so formal costumes.